Your roof has a lot to do with your overall property value as well as your curb appeal. So, if you are thinking about replacing your roof, you need to be prepared for these important factors before you start.
- Choose your roofing material wisely. Don’t jump to the lowest price. You want quality materials and ones that will last a long time.
- Don’t get sucked in on the lowest bid. Low prices tend to lower services offered. Its better to pay a little more on a quality build, then have to have repairs done down the road because it was installed correctly.
- Remove the old roof in its entirety. Do not lay a new roof over the old roof. Make sure that a disposal is used and on the ready when the old roof comes off.
- Work with a professional roofing company that is local and knowledgeable about the area. Talk to several, so you get a feel for how each one will respond to questions.
- Know your budget. One of the largest parts of your budget is the type of roof replacement material you will use. Asphalt shingles tend to be the best choice for affordability. Roof types like cedar shakes and slate tiles tend to be a little pricier. You’ll want to pick the one that fits your budget and if you live in an HOA, you’ll want to follow the rules and regulations outlined.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and understand all the options from each roofing professional you speak with.
If you need a roof replacement, call Down Under Roofing today. We are local to Kansas City, and have experience working with insurance companies. Down Under Roofing has a proven track record and is licensed and insured. Contact the team today to see how we can help you with your roofing needs.