What’s the process in dealing with a roofing insurance claim? How are they handled and what should you do?
- Make sure your home is safe for entering. Damage to your roof can be scary, so don’t take any risks. Only enter your home if you feel safe.
- Before you start cleaning up. Start taking pictures of everything. Documentation will be your friend throughout this process. Don’t throw anything away. Reach out to your insurance agent. They will help walk you through all the steps of dealing with a roofing insurance claim.
- Contact a trusted roofing company. Most offer a free estimate and can help you walk through the damage that you have. Some damage may be easily spotted while others may be hidden to where only a professional will know to look. Make sure that your roofing contract has your insurance agent’s information as they will be talking through the entire claims process.
- Roof damage is not something you want to put off. So make sure that you act promptly. Some insurance companies have a “prompt notice” in their policy. The sooner you contact your insurance company the sooner you can get your claim resolved and your roof fixed.
- Make sure that your roofing contractor is there to discuss the damage with the insurance adjustor. They tend to speak the same language and understand the depths of how to move deal with the roofing insurance claim.
- Once all parties, the insurance company and roofing contractor agree on the damage to the roof, a final report is created that outlines the roof repairs and the appropriate replacement, if necessary.
If you need a reputable roofing contractor to help you understand how to proceed with dealing with a roofing insurance claim. Our team at Down Under Roofing is dedicated to providing great results. We treat you with respect by offering honest and fair pricing that will fit most budgets. Contact our team today to see how we can help you with your roofing insurance claim.