Not all roof repair is visible from the outside. Sometimes the first sign you see you need your roof repaired is from a problem on the inside of your home. You may be able to see the damage from your kitchen table or you may have to look in your attic. If you spot any of the following, it’s time to get your roof repaired:
- Wet spots on the ceiling or a leak.
- Roof cracks. Look in your attic and if you see daylight shining through your roof, you have a crack.
- Water stains in the attic. Specifically look in your attic on the underside of the roof decking.
- Growth of algae, mold, moss or mildew in your home. If your pipes aren’t leaking, your roof is and you need a roof repair quickly.
- Poor energy efficiency. Watch your heating bills during the winter and if they skyrocket, more than likely you have a poorly insulated roof and you need a roof repair.
Your roof is an important element of your home. Taking good care of your roof is integral for the safely of your home. You need to keep it in good condition and free of damage.
Roof repairs can typically be completed at a cost that is less than the cost of a complete roof replacement. If your roof is showing signs of damage, it’s best to get it fixed right away so the damage does not become too costly.
If you need a free roof inspection, call Down Under Roofing, your local roofing company in Kansas City. Our team at Down Under Roofing is dedicated to providing great results. We treat you with respect by offering honest and fair pricing that will fit most budgets. Contact our team today to see how we can help you with your roofing needs.